Homeopathy tools and site features
ABC Homeopathy has been a labour of love since 2001. In that time, it's expanded massively and now includes features that even our most regular visitors probably aren't familiar with. Here's a wee summary.
The Remedy FinderNov 2001(!)
Because some of the language used in the materia medicas can be obscure, archaic or technical, we've added a glossary. Simply tap any word with a border around it.
Other repertoriesOct 2017
By default the strongest indications from Kent's repertory and Boericke's materia medica are shown. Clicking ≡ more under each section loads all the symptoms for that section.
A whole host of additional materia medicas are available by clicking the ' ≡ sections & sources' link on the the remedy information pages., or by clicking more and then clicking view all repertories.
In either case, the remedies are color coded to show you the source of information you are using. To see the colour codes, click 'sections and sources'.
Filter symptomsMay 2019
Where there is a lot of information on the remedy information pages, a text box will be shown saying 'filter symptoms'. Typing a little text there (i.e. nose) will enable you to see only the symptoms from that page that include that word.
You may get a few oddball symptoms appearing. Typing right, for example, shows entries including words like fright or bright
Click the arrow by any heading to skip ahead to that section of the materia medica and see the context.
NB Filtering only looks at the currently loaded materia medica entries. If a particular section interests you, you may wish to click more and view all repertories before filtering.
Remedy RelationshipsOct 2018
To see the relationships between two or more remedies, simply enter both names into the search box that appears on every page of the site, or the relationships page. Clicking search will then show you every relationship entry that mentions two or more of the entered remedies.
Entering Arnica Phos will work. Arnica calc Phos will find relationships between arnica and calc phos. It you want relations ships between Arnica, Calc and Phos, or just to avoid ambiguity, you can also enter Arnica, Calc, Phos
Dose CalculatorMay 2018
Clicking the i on the shop pages leads to information about the format, or the potency or the quantity calculator.
The quantitiy calculator allows you to see which size of bottle best covers a prescription along the lines of Take 4 pellets,three times a day for 3 days.
It can calculate the number of pills (or amount of liquid, if the format on the shop page is set to liquid) required, the number of days a certain number of pills / pellets should last, etc.
When you change the numbers and the calculator calculates how many pills (or amount of liquid), the shop items displayed will show you how many of each option would be necessary to fulfil your prescription.
Send a client a basketJun 2017
You can put remedies into a basket for your patients. The link to the basket is shown on the basket / checkout page, under the green bar, next to the heading 'Your basket url is:' (i.e. at the bottom of the image on the right).
Text will be copied to your clipboard as soon as you click it, you don't have to select it all and press ctrl c.
Professional Level Symptoms
If you join ABC Homeopathy and click the 'professional homeopath' box under 'your materia medica sources', you will be able to see entries from the complete repertory and materia medica, including non self-limiting symptoms deemed only for professionals.
Interactive Materia Medica ListingMay 2019
Our Materia Medica contains the full list of remedies and which materia medica(s) they are listed in. You can also see the popularity (sales rank and remedy finder rank) of each of them and which potencies our partner labs can supply.
You can also filter the list by entering a name fragment (i.e Sulph), a remedy family (i.e. nosode), a HPUS indication (i.e. headache) or anything else you can think of.
To see only the remedies featured in a particular materia medica, click the name of the materia medica in the table.
Nov 2019 - Update - all column headings can now be clicked to sort / filter remedies.
Comparing remediesJun 2019
If your screen is big enough, we have made it easy to compare multiple remedies side by side with the compare feature. There are four ways to access it:
- From the remedy finder, a compare button will appear if 2 or 3 remedies appear to match your symptoms equally well.
- Unless you have 'tracking' (i.e. cookies and local storage) disabled, the remedy grid from an active remedy finder session will appear at the bottom of the materia medica pages. Clicking a remedy on the grid will show that remedy side by side with the current one.
- Remedy comparison is also linked to from the remedy relationships tool (above) which you can access by typing multiple remedy names into the search box that appears on every page.
- If you are logged in, clicking on a remedy name in the materia medica pages, will also bring up the side by side comparison.
- Typing text into the top filter box will filter symptoms (as above) in all remedies simultaneously. Typing text into one of the remedies only will only filter that remedy's symptoms.
- Clicking ▸==◂, next to the symptom headings and subheadings will align all remedies to that section, where it exists in the loaded materia medica.
Each of the above features has entailed lot of hard work on my part. Not so the translate - after a two minute cut and paste job, the site is now available in about 100 languages - including dynamic (i.e. remedy finder ) content. There are some funny mis-translations in there, including the i (for info) butttons saying ich/ je / yo etc, the icons being rendered a little bizarrely but on the whole, if English is not your first language, the site is perhaps a little more useful now.
Finally... allow us to remember you
Joining us has many advantages. In the Remedy Finder and materia medica you can:
- Save and recall cases
- Notify us of your professional status (if applicable).
- Choose which materia medica(s) you see by default.
- Bookmark and / or make notes on individual remedies.
In the shop you can:
- See which of our suppliers can ship to your stated country.
- Save your shipping and billing addresses at checkout
- View your previous orders, and add previously ordered items to your current basket
In the forum you can:
- Post questions or answers.
- View the profiles of other members, by clicking their names.
Membership is totally free. The entire site is supported by homeopathic remedy sales.Join us!